Have you recently been in an accident in Reno? Did you file a claim with your insurance company? When filing an insurance claim in the Reno and Sparks area, do you understand that it’s your choice on the body shop you choose to perform the auto body repairs?
According to an article at fixautobodyportland.com, “Choosing an Auto Body Shop”
“In addition to understanding your rights after an auto accident, it’s important for you to decide who you’ll have repair your vehicle. That’s right, you decide. Nevada law protects your right to choose. It’s your vehicle and it’s your choice. Here are some tips on how to choose a reliable auto body repair expert.
1. Who should do the auto body work to my vehicle, be it a car, van or truck?
Only do business with an auto body shop that you can trust. It may be one you’re referred to by family or friends. It may be the body shop just around the corner from where you live or work. It may be the one your insurance company recommends. But most importantly, you need to make the decision yourself, after careful consideration.
2. How do I choose an auto body shop I can trust?
- Ask family and friends for a referral to a shop they were happy with
- Visit the auto body shop you’re considering – is it clean and organized, are their certifications on display
- Visit their website – is it professional in appearance and does it give you a feeling of trust and competence, does it help address your concerns and provide an easy way to contact them
- Check with the Better Business Bureau – the shop should have an A+ rating at the BBB
- Ask to see certifications from ASE for skill competency and from I-CAR for welding certification
- Ask if they have the I-CAR Gold Class designation – indicating an on-going commitment to training and educating of their workforce
- Ask to see a copy of their warranty
- How long have they been in business – will they be there for you tomorrow?
- Is there an on-site owner that is committed to the operations of their business?
- Ask for previous customer reviews or testimonials
- These are some of the things you’ll want to consider when choosing an auto body repair expert.”