Driving during the winter season avoiding an accident can be challenging at times especially if it’s your first winter season. Here are tips on how to avoid an accident during the winter season.
According to an article at wzzm13.com,”How to Avoid an Accident”
“Dave Muma has been a driving instructor at Century Driving School for years, and he has seen first hand what happens when you don’t follow the rules of the road.
He offered the following tips for winter weather driving:
- Clean your car, not just the windshield. Numa says as you drive, the snow on the front of your car will blow around, obstructing not only your vision, but other drivers’ visibility too.
- Give yourself more space. The more space you give yourself, the more time you have to react.
- Look further down the road to see what is going on, don’t focus only on the car directly in front of you.
- Communicate to the people behind you. For example if you are forced to slow down, Numa says you should start relaying that information to other drivers.
- “You really need to start flashing and communicating to the people behind you– the people you impact aren’t the people in front, for the most part it is the people in back.” To read the entire article click here.