How to Winterize Your Vehicle in Reno
Is your vehicle ready for the harsh winter weather? Here are tips on how to winterize your vehicle for the upcoming winter season.
According to an article at weather.com, “How to Prepare Your Vehicle for the Winter Season”
“It always seems that summer rushes by faster than the wind through your hair. When the temperature starts to drop it’s a reminder that months of winter driving uncertainty are on the way, and it’s time to get ready.
Clean your vehicle inside and out
Both the interior and exterior of your car are vulnerable to snow, ice and road salt, so use the fair fall days to undertake a complete do-it-yourself detailing of your car.
- Thoroughly wash and wax your vehicle to protect your paint job from the elements.
- Be sure to do the wash and wax before temperatures drop below 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A clean and freshly waxed car makes snow and ice easier to brush off.
- Remove any detritus before vacuuming the seats and floor.
- Swap out your carpeted floor mats with a set of water-resistant vinyl or rubber mats.” To read the entire article click here.