Getting into an auto accident may be inevitable, which is why preparation is the key. If you find yourself in an auto accident, here are tips on how to handle the situation.
According to an article at statefarm.com, “What to Do Immediately After an Accident”
- Carry a set of cones, warning triangles, or emergency flares in your trunk to help alert traffic.
- It also helps to have a pen and a card with any relevant medical information for you and your family.
Immediately After an Accident
- Take a deep breath and stay calm.
- Check for injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt.
- If accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Notify your insurance agent immediately.” To read the entire article click here.