An auto accident can ruin your day. After an accident, there are steps you should take to ensure your safety and what to do after an accident. Learn what step auto experts suggest to take after an accident.
According to an article at perfectionautobodyco.com, “How to Handle An Auto Collision”
“If you or a loved one of yours became involved in an automobile accident, it is understandable to be totally upset and at a loss so much so that handling the situation immediately after the incident is too stressing. There is just too many that need to be given attention like paper work, police reports along with your recovery from the injuries you have sustained to wear out your patience.
However, if you already have prior knowledge or even a basic concept of the entire process you have to undergo right after the accident occurred, then you may be able to survive this troublesome matter. You may even come out triumphant over the legal issues involved.
You may probably know the basic things to keep in mind in dealing with vehicle accidents immediately after it occurred. However, there are several additional reminders that are equally as significant that you have to remind yourself about:
During the exchange of insurance information, it is important that you systematically document all of the data provided to you by the other drivers involved in the incident. Here are the essential data that you need to take down:
- All the names of the other drivers and their passengers
- Their corresponding addresses
- The names of their insurance companies
- Their policy numbers, carefully noting down each of the policies’ respective effective dates
- note if the insurance card has already expired
- get the driver’s name since the name of the insured may be different from the driver
- secure a copy of the driver’s license number and verify the age they have indicated
Do not fall into the mistake of approaching witnesses at the actual scene of the accident. If observed to have done this, there may be arguments later on that you have tried to influence them just to cover up the events.” To read the entire article click here.