Dealing with the aftermath of an auto collision can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to go. Did you know that it’s your choice on which auto body shop will repair your vehicle? Here are a few tips that every driver involved in an auto collision should be aware of?
According to an article at kalibercollision.com, “Auto Body Repairs”
“Your car is the second largest investment you’re likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damage.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
- There is NO LAW requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of YOUR CHOICE. Your insurance company CANNOT require you to go to a particular shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. Hidden damage may not be apparent until work has been started. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you have received, please ask.”